ABO Technical Standards : Contributing Order to the Algal Industry
Technical Standards Committee Mission Set by ABO Bylaws:
- Develop and advocate industry standards and best practices
- Liaise with Members, Standards Organizations, and Government
- Facilitate information flow between industry stakeholders
- Review ABO technical positions and recommendations
- Undertake special projects as directed by the ABO Board
Committee Activities in 2014:
- Promote Industrial Algae Measurements 6.0 (IAM 6.0) as industry standard.
- Recruit additional Committee members to further expand ABO’s experience in the market segments of food, feed, fuel, nutraceutical and bio-based chemicals.
- Continue to identify, adapt, generate, and recommend specific measurement methodologies and guidelines that address ABO targeted markets for algal biomass.
1 - Dr. Lieve Laurens – Committee Chair, Algal Research Scientist, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
2 - Dr. Keith Cooksey – Committee Co-Chair, Environmental Biotechnology Consultants, Professor Emeritus, Montana State University,
ABO Board Member
3 – Jim Sears - New Product Development, Boulder Labs Inc., Former ABO Committee Chair and CTO, A2BE Carbon Capture LLC
4 – Dr. Rose Ann Cattolico - Professor of Algal Biology, University of Washington
5 - Dr. Mark Edwards - Professor, Arizona State University Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management, Vice President at Algae
6 – Steve Howell - President and founder of MARC-IV, Chairman of the ASTM task force on biodiesel standards
7 - Adonis Neblett - Attorney, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
8 – Dr. Robert McCormick - Principal Engineer, Fuels Performance, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
9 – Dr. Philip Pienkos - Applied Sciences Group Manager, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
10 – Gina Clapper - Technical Specialists, AOCS American Oil Chemists Society
11 – Pat Ahlm - Assistant Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs at Algenol Biofuels Inc
12 – Nikolaos Katsikis – Director of Business Development, SCHOTT North America, Inc.
Committee Member Recruitment: The ABO Technical Standards Committee is looking for additional members who have interest and capabilities that are aligned with the Committee’s 2014 objectives. Please email Lieve.Laurens@nrel.gov Committee Chairman.